Monday, September 12, 2011

My Name, Josephine

Josephine. An ordinary name for an ordinary girl like me. As like many others in the world, I was named after my parents' friend in hopes that I would grow to become similar to her.

When I was younger, I absolutely hated my name because I thought it was too long to write and wasn't feminine enough. I often used to wish that my parents had named me something more "princessy and girly" like Rose or Crystal. Though I disliked being called Josephine, I hated it even more when my friends called me Jo-Jo or Josie when they got to lazy to say my whole name, as if I wasn’t important enough for others to take a few moments to acknowledge me properly. But as I grew older, I became very glad and thankful that my parents had decided to call me Josephine, a name that sounds mature and responsible, like I can be trusted to do important tasks.

My name, Josephine, is an artist’s paint pallet; full of different colors and mixes, hard to describe using only one word. If you look closely at it, you can see my personality written all over the name. Sometimes, if I am familiar with the person, I’m relaxed and friendly like the letter ‘J’, written with a casual flick of the wrist. ‘O’, a letter that is completely closed up represents me when I meet someone for the first time, reserved and distant.

Josephine also means “God will increase his blessings,” although, my parents didn't name me Josephine because of what it meant. This was an unexpected coincidence because my family and I are Christians and we believe in God. I think it is special how my name shows not only what I believe in but also my personality and what I want to be like, mature and responsible, as if it were created especially for me. Josephine. An ordinary name which represents an ordinary girl like me.




Like an artist’s paint pallet; full of different colors and mixes, hard to describe using only one word


Reference:
http://mobile-phones.com.pk/wallpapers/Artistic/Paint-Splatter-w4689

No comments:

Post a Comment