Saturday, October 16, 2010

Field Trip to Kuala Selangor

I think that I collaborated constructively well on my teams field trip to Kuala Selangor. Collaborating constructively means to work together without complaining, fighting, or arguing. One of the times when I showed that I collaborated constructively was when we did the supply search. My room mates and I had to write down 26 things, one for each letter of the alphabet, in three minutes but that thing that started we had with us or something that we could carry. To get this done, my team and I had to work together. In the end, we only got nine points but we tried our best. Another way that I showed that I could collaborate constructively was when my roommates and I made our beds. We helped one another to fold our blankets neatly. By helping each other, the job was easier and faster to do.

The next way that I showed collaborating constructively was when we played the noun game. My team for this game was Lily, Tiffany, Esme, Carl, Deeban, and me. In this game, the teachers would say a noun and in thirty seconds, my group and I had to create a statue showing the noun. The hard thing was that we couldn't talk to each other or we would be disqualified. In the end, my team managed to win two points.




The last way that I showed that I could collaborate constructively was when we planted mangroves. We had to walk through mud that acted like quicksand. If we stood in one place for too long, we would sink and get stuck! The guide told us to stay on the logs and try not to step in the mud as much as possible. At the beginning, I stayed with Esme and we held on to each other to stay balanced on the logs. After about half way, Esme went faster and I stayed with Tiffany instead. I did the same thing to Tiffany that I did to Esme. I held on to her. Soon, Tiffany went faster than me and I was with Sheta. Same as before, we held on to each other. By working together with others, I managed to plant a mangrove and not fall or get stuck in the mud. Collaborating constructively is very important. It makes the job easier, faster, and funner to do.







I also think that I communicated effectively well on the trip to Kuala Selangor. Communicating Effectively means to use different ways to communicate with people. One of the ways that I showed this was when we did the noun games. We couldn't talk so we had to use our body language. This was hard at first because I couldn't understand what my teammates were trying to tell me. On the fist few rounds, my teammates and I had to just guess what each of us were trying to tell each other. We were really bad at it. Towards the end of the game, we finally started to understand each others body language and we won two points. Another way that I showed that I could communicate effectively was when we planted the mangroves. We had to help each other out of the mud when we got stuck. We had to communicate to do this. We would try to figure a way to get them out by talking. Talking is also a way of communicating effectively. In the end, we all managed to get out of the mud. Communicating Effectively helps people to understand you. Communicating effectively can be talking, body language, writing and many other things.


Our team trip to Kuala Selangor taught me a lot. The most important thing that it taught me was that it is important to use all the SLRs, Learn Enthusiastically, Think Creatively, Live Ethically, Reason Critically, Collaborating Constructively, and Communicating Effectively.




Graphic Citation:
http://www.thisistraining.de/management%20skills.html
http://www.clipartof.com/gallery/clipart/teamwork_23.html
http://www.myharcum.com/s/1044/index.aspx?sid=1044&gid=1&pgid=290

No comments:

Post a Comment